Yoga for Kickboxing Ryoku
Date: April 18, 25 and May 9
Day & Time: Saturdays, 9:00 am – 10:15 am
Cost: $20 for an individual class or $50 for the three-class series
Location: Fighting Chance Seattle
Participants: Open to all enrolled adult students.
Advanced registration is required. Classes are limited to ten students.
Sore after class? Struggling with range-of-motion in your kicks or punches? Want more meditation time?
Join us for a series of three Yoga for Kickboxing Ryoku classes taught by our own Anna Holden. Classes will be held before our Saturday morning karate class to allow you to integrate the yoga concepts with your martial arts training. Each class will:
- Focus yoga asana (postures) to address common imbalances, weaknesses and areas of tension within the kickboxer body.
- Educate on proper stretching mechanics to help effectively increase range of motion, prevent injury and reduce soreness after workouts.
- Teach breath centered asanas to bring focus and attention to the body and increase proprioceptive awareness, which leads to smoother, smarter movement in all activities.
- Bring awareness to the physiological components of body movement, including working with the mind and thoughts, calming the nervous system reducing the stress response.
- Mirror the lessons learned in current Kickboxing Ryoku and Modern Bushido sessions for a cohesive body awareness education.
Choose the specific class that meets your need, or attend all three in the series. Classes are limited to ten students, sign up today!
About Anna Holden
Anna joined the Kickboxing Ryoku: Foundation program at Fighting Chance Seattle in June 2014. In April she graduated into the Kickboxing Ryoku: Integration program. Anna runs her own business as an intuitive healer and a yoga instructor. Here is her background:
- Yoga teacher since 2009, certified at the 500 hour level.
- Studied the yoga sutras (formative yoga text) extensively to create a firm context for understanding and teaching the WHY behind yoga postures.
- Worked 1 year at Fremont Spine and Wellness as a Rehabilitation Specialist, prescribing exercises to rehab back injuries (lots of experience working with backs). Taught “Healthy Back Yoga Classes” there.
- Worked with yoga-based physical therapist Rachel Krentzman; helped in the creation of her Yoga for Happy Back certification program.
- Used a combination of yoga, physical therapy and Ayurveda to rehab a debilitating low back injury. Have taught several workshops on yoga for back pain.
- Several years personal study into the mechanics of the body, focusing mainly on the spine and hips as the center of stability.
- Ayurvedic Health Educator (Ayurveda is the sister science to yoga and a logical system for balancing the healthy of the body).
- Fitness background as a gymnast, competitive fast-pitch softball, ski racer, triathlete, X-terra triathlete, adventure racer, surfer, and slackliner.