You Are Not Alone
When a bully is holding you down, hurting you and disregarding your physical boundaries, getting help from a teacher isn’t always an option. It is important to be able to defend yourself.
The Bullying Prevention Toolkit
Being bullied affects us physically, mentally, and emotionally, it can feel overwhelming. In this class, you will learn:
- Why Bullies Do What they Do
- How to Talk Your Way out of a Fight
- How to Fight Back if You Have to
- How to Handle Being Afraid
- How Making Allies Will Help You
- How to Ask for Help (Without Making it Worse)
- Why Owning Your Weird Parts Keeps You Safe
“I was bullied relentlessly, from kindergarten up until about age fifteen. I was shy art kid and comic book nerd. I had gigantic lenses in my too-big-for-my-head frames and curly, unmanageable hair. I was tall, but clumsy, moving through the halls with the grace of a baby giraffe. I got called names. People made fun of me. I got beat up.
“In this free class I will share the tools, training, and strategies that gave me the confidence to stand up for myself.”
Registration is required and must be completed by a parent or guardian.
- The August 27th “Back to School” classes are free!
- Open to Seattle girls and boys, ages 11 – 16 only, no exceptions.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early, we will begin promptly at start time as there is a lot of material to cover.
- Plan to ditch your parents and spend 90 minutes with us. Our workshop is for teens only (and instructors).
If you have any questions about the class, please email Fighting Chance Seattle.